Friday, January 1, 2010

”It’s a Wonderful Life”

Happy New Year to all … Out with the old and in with the new, I always say! I can’t say that I’m sorry 2009 is behind us … but I am thrilled we have started a fresh clean slate and can begin anew! This starts out a whole new year of blogging for me… honestly, where does the time go? This year I’ll be writing on a weekly format … and just in case you don’t know who “I” am, allow me to introduce myself… My name is Cathi Belcher, (also known as the “Lodge Lady”) and my husband Dana, our children and I are the owners/innkeepers here at The Lodge at Jackson Village. We’re here so much that people sometimes say we ARE the Lodge at Jackson Village … and maybe they’re right! We’ve definitely found our calling as innkeepers. We love what we do, and we practically eat, drink and breathe everything connected to our Lodge. In these paragraphs and those to follow in the coming months, I will tell you what’s going on in Jackson and the surrounding area; what specials we are offering here at The Lodge; what’s going on in our own personal lives, and just various thoughts on life in general. If you would like to contact me personally, you may do so at LodgeLady@ilovethelodge.com

If you were here at The Lodge on New Year’s Eve, you’ll know that we ushered in 2010 in front of the fireplace in the great room with wine and cheese, homemade Christmas cookies and hot mulled cider. It was a lovely taste of the many good things to come. And speaking of good things, what a special weekend New Years was here at The Lodge! We had one elopement in front of the fireplace and THREE proposals here that weekend!! It was certainly one to remember.

Having also just ended 2009 with the best Polar Express season we’ve ever had, many warm and precious memories were made for our family and our staff here at The Lodge back in December, just as they were for the families and guests who attended this special month-long event. We will never forget it -- thank you! -- it was a splendid way to end the year. We wish you all many, many blessings as we start out this brand new wonderful year together. Despite the occasional ‘stuff’ that sometimes happens to us along the way, everything happens for a reason. And like the sign in our lobby says: “It IS a Wonderful Life”!

The “Lodge Lady” January 1, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment