Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Week at The Lodge: March 11-17, 2012

The Lodge Lady has returned, and with her she has brought some spring-like weather!   Having spent a week in the Hudson Valley of New York, where T-shirts, robins and crocus’ were the norm, it was a shock to return to NH and see snow everywhere … even where it WASN’T when I left!  When I departed, my travels took me through Bretton Woods on my way to Route 91 South… and when I left the Lodge, I could not believe my eyes when I got to the OTHER side of Mount Washington!  BARE GROUND! NO SNOW!!  It was a reminder just how idiosyncratic the weather can be around this mountain.  As I passed through the area, I took a photo with my cell phone and texted it to my husband, who had stayed home to mind the ‘store’ while I was away! I knew he wouldn’t believe me, when we had so much still on the ground.  However, when I returned, the Bretton Woods side had received considerable snowfall, and was looking like winter would be hanging around for some time.  This is just a reminder that just because spring has sprung in your neck of the woods, don’t overlook outrageous spring skiing in the mountains of NH.  We may be only a few hours distant, but this time of year, our weather can be WORLDs away!

No comments:

Post a Comment