Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Spring ... Happy Mother's Day!


Two weeks of ‘PERFECT 10’ weather, and yet everyone – even I --was hoping for some rain!  It has been a dry spring … until the last few days. Since then we’ve received lots of showers and the leaves and flowers are actually popping in front of our eyes. It’s only a slight exaggeration to say that I feel like we are living in a time-lapse photograph.  You can visibly see changes from hour to hour!  In the course of 24 hours the trees leafed out! Spring is an amazing time to experience the White Mountains.  Everything is shrouded in ‘greens’ of every possible hue. Waterfalls are roaring, moose are on the loose, peepers are singing their hearts out, and flowers are appearing everywhere. Consider playing hookey this week, and get some rejuvenation from the sparkling waters, warm sunshine and crisp nights. My daily sojourns to the river outside our door have given me a sense of peace I haven’t known all winter! Even the hummingbirds have returned to our Lodge feeders, and I found myself unexpectedly making a gallon of nectar for them after their long flight from points south.  Happy Spring … and to all you fellow moms: Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment