Sunday, April 21, 2013

Winter Skiing Ends Today ... Spring Skiing Takes its Place!!


Today may be the last day of winter skiing at Wildcat Mountain, but the Spring ski season at Tuckerman Ravine is just gearing up!! What a fantastic winter it has been. With a total annual snowfall of 214” and counting at Wildcat so far, it has been a fabulous season to say the least. Part of me is sad to see it go; the other half need only step out the front door today at The Lodge to see the bulbs poking their heads through the newly exposed soil, and the sights, smells and sounds of spring abounding everywhere. I am hooked!  Several guests are at Tuck skiing today, and it couldn’t be more perfect. We’ll get ‘the scoop’ firsthand tonight when they return. What a blessing it is to live and work here at the base of Mount Washington. After 9 years and counting, I still pinch myself to make sure that my good fortune is for real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment