Saturday, April 17, 2010

And the good news is ...

What a difference a day can make! On Thursday we were out in T-shirts doing spring clean-up activities around the Lodge, and today the Tuckerman Inferno – extreme sport that it is – was canceled for nothing less than extreme weather!!

It was still dark when I was awakened by the sound of SNOW PLOWS this morning! Not believing my ears (but knowing all too well that familiar sound of metal scraping on pavement) I made my way to the window where a literal fairy land met my glance with six inches of new snow coating everything from lawn to limbs. Since I have just recently returned from visiting family in New Jersey (where temperatures topped the 90 degree mark), I could barely believe my eyes today … but such was my view and it could not be disputed (especially when I had to go dig out my windshield scraper before I went to the store!). The Inferno is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow if conditions improve, but the good news is that Wildcat Ski Area just received over 10" of freshie powder snow from a storm that is forecasted to continue for the next few days. Conditions have quickly returned to mid-season form and if Spring Skiing is your thing, drop everything and come play hookey in the mountains. I’ll even write you an “excuse” for your boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment