Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Countdown to LAUGHTER!


Believe it or not, the last remnants of snow are still lingering here and there, especially around the little Lodge Cabin on Tin Mountain … (although I doubt whether much of it will remain by tomorrow; especially after today’s warm temperatures and the afternoon thunderstorms which are predicted later). Somehow though, between now and then, I have to switch gears, both physically and mentally, to pack for a short-but-exciting trip which I embark upon EARLY tomorrow morning. I’ll be visiting my sister, who lives on the coast of Florida, a world apart from my New Hampshire mountain life. We’re as different as night and day in every other way, too (a compliment to her!!), but we are as close as best friends can be. She makes me LAUGH! This is a wonderful gift, and she has that effect on everyone she meets. There are some people in this world who light up everything around them just be “being” there, making it a much better place, and she is one of them. Whoever said that laughter is the best medicine was right … and most likely knew my sister Sue. I always part from her feeling years younger and so much healthier. Today is her birthday, and while I can’t be with her until tomorrow, I am thinking of her all day. I’ll be staying with her and some of her children (the unmarried ones who still live home). My mom arrived there yesterday, so it will literally be old home week; a mini family reunion! I will try to post some blogs while I am away if I can. If not, I’ll be back ‘online’ at the end of next week with many stories to tell. Meanwhile, back at the Lodge, Dana, Christopher, Zia and Joshua will be holding down the fort to welcome our guests and take your phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment