Monday, April 26, 2010

A Salad a Day Keeps the Doctor Away


It's been a few days since I've been near a computer to check in at my blog site, but here I am, and I've been having fun in Florida with my sister. (at least as much fun as one CAN have in Florida ... I ALWAYS have fun with my sister). One day we had an unbelievable massage, a great lunch at another fantastic salad place (I live almost exclusively on salads), and then spent the entire afternoon at Barnes and Noble. How can you beat that? The answer is: you can't. Sue, my party-animal sister, threw a big party on Saturday for friends and neighbors in her backyard, which is like a tropical botanical garden, and it was about 80 degrees. Amazing ... especially since there were about 45 people there, and she only decided to have the party that morning. Then we had to go buy the food and then make it, and the first guests started arriving at 2 pm! The 'Florida way' of doing things is a lot more relaxed than my highly planned New Hampshire habits, and it is always an education for me here to learn to relax and 'go with the flow'! Somehow she always pulls it off superbly, though I would be (and sometimes am) a wreck until its over! Today we are experiencing a tropical monsoon with Noah-type floods and thunder and lightning that has been flashing and crashing since 3 am. I am spending the day catching up on emails, long-distance Lodge business, and my writing. I'll be back in NH on Wednesday night, but hopefully I'll be able to check in here once more before I return. I hear that skiing Tuckerman is still unbelievable, but being a world away, I am having a hard time relating. Now I can understand it a little better when my sister comes to visit me in the dead of winter in high heeled open-toe sandals. Northern reality just doesn't translate well down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment