Friday, September 10, 2010

The Importance of Being Outrageous (at least once in a blue moon!)


It is a beautiful fall day here at The Lodge. It is also my mother’s birthday, but unfortunately she is 7 hours away so I can only talk to her over the phone to wish her well. Both she (from New York State) and my sister (from Florida) will be coming up to visit us here at The Lodge on Monday for a whole week. I am practically doing cartwheels over it, because we always have such fun when we’re together. Last year she was here exactly on her birthday – a whole year ago to the day – and we closed the Lodge for 24 hours to guests so that we could get the carpets professionally cleaned, as we do twice every year. I did something completely out of character for me … guess I needed to let off steam after such a busy summer last year. At midnight, my sister and I ran through the hallways screaming at the top of our lungs just for the heck of it --- and because we could!! When you live in a hotel, it is a bit like living in a fishbowl – and you can never let your guard down … or can you? As a professional in the public eye, you’re always “on call” or “on stage” and have to be very ‘proper’. Except for last September 10th, which will go down in history, especially if I were to tell you what we dared each other to do as we were running (which I definitely won’t!!). Anyway, it’s important to do something wild and outrageous every once in awhile! This year we won’t be getting the carpets cleaned while they’re here, as we will be replacing all the carpeting in the lobby, great room and hallways sometime during the first two weeks of November. We are so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment