Monday, September 20, 2010

Not Ready for Winter (yet!)

Two of my favorite activities (splitting and chopping wood) have lately been giving me a new lease on life after such a busy ‘indoor’ summer here at The Lodge claimed most of my waking hours. Now that my favorite season (autumn) is here and I can get away from the front desk from time to time, it’s the outdoor life for me (at least once in awhile anyway, when I can get away). But all that wood stacking can’t get even me in any sort of mood for winter --- at least not yet -- until one glance at Mount Washington tells us all that it is not that far off. Gleaming white against the bright blue sky, Mount Washington had 4” of snow one night last week and lots and lots of rime ice. If Autumn’s here, can winter be far behind? Not if you live, as we do, near Mount Washington … where winter can be a 4-season occurrence!  Lots of leaves to turn beautiful colors down here though, before I start getting those snow shovels dusted off!

No comments:

Post a Comment