Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stone Walls and Firewood

Today is September 11 … 9 whole years after the catastrophe, and I can’t believe it has been that long. The Chamber of Commerce organized the annual memorial walk around the loop tonight. It was a beautiful evening and there was a fabulous turnout.

My day was really wonderful, as was just about everyone’s who was in Jackson, NH today, I am sure! The weather was Perfect-with-a-capital-“P”, and I spent the day doing two of my favorite things in the whole world: Splitting & Stacking firewood; and Building a Stone Wall! I am convinced that if everyone occupied themselves with those activities occasionally, there would be no need for therapists! I am tired to be sure, but it is the best kind of tired, and I haven’t felt this good in quite a long time. With temperatures dipping down into the crisp numbers at night these days, it won’t be long before we’ll be burning the fireplace and needing some of this wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment