Friday, May 21, 2010

Lodge Lady Heads to Boston


If today is any indication, it is going to be an absolutely spectacular weekend here in the White Mountains. It is the perfect pre-summer day ... and I think you should seriously think about planning a trip up here! I’ve been amazed by the stars here in Jackson the last few nights, which have been as bright as jewels … and the pine-scented night-time air has been just heavenly. I love this time of year. Unfortunately, I will be in Boston this weekend and will miss all of nature’s glory … but FORTUNATELY, it will be for my long-awaited workshop with Jay Shafer and his Tiny House-building Seminar!!! I’ve been madly in love with Jay’s tiny Tumbleweed homes since before we moved to New Hampshire. The above photo of him in front of his 96-square foot home-on wheels was recently the cover story in the April 30th issue of Parade Magazine, the Sunday newspaper supplement. (Jay has been living in this home, which he designed and built, for the last 12 years). Great exposure for a great product! Soon, we will also give Tumbleweed tiny homes some exposure. We’re getting one here at The Lodge and will be giving tours of this affordable, sustainable housing option. You’ll even be able to rent it out overnight! You can read about these tiny homes which you can either build yourself, or buy directly from Tumbleweed, at his website: http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/ . As the weekend progresses, I will blog about what I’m learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment