Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mountain Farmgirl: I'm Launched!!

I’m Official!! Earlier this spring, Mary Jane Butters, author, entrepreneur, all-around extraordinary farmgal herself, liked my idea of a Mountain Farm Girl Blog for her website, and hired me to write for her … and all the other extraordinary Farmgirls around our country. (Believe me, there are TONS of us out there, I’m finding out!!). My first official blog launched Monday night by email and within 24 hours I received 117 comments. It totally blew me away! I was so overwhelmed by the response, never suspecting for one moment that I would get so much notice, or cause other busy women to take valuable time out of their schedules to respond … but they did!! It was so encouraging and heartwarming for me to hear from them all. I always hope, through my writing, to touch people in a way they can relate to and understand … that somehow through our collective experiences we can share and learn from one another, and help make each of our little corners of the world a better place. In this case they encouraged ME even more! To see my first post, click on this link, and then check out MaryJanes entire website, which (like her) is awesome!! mfgblog@maryjanesfarm.org

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. Yeah, I'm glad she asked you to blog for Mary Janes Farm!!! I have another blog friend who writes for GRIT magazine...Mountain Woman. She has a website called Red Pine Mountain (it's linked on my blog somewhere) Anyway, the only reason I mention it, is because she lives on a mountain like you do :) :) In fact, she's on the East Coast as well!!!
    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts here AND at Mary Janes Farm!!! Have a lovely rest of the week. Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete