Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Take a Tour of the Tiny House!

Oh! I can’t stand it … I’m ready to move in!!! This tiny house from the Tumbleweed Company is beyond anything I ever imagined it would be!! I have spent quite a bit of time inside it today, making a list of things that I want to furnish it with, and then just sitting inside, being swept off my feet. Between Dana and myself, I think we have given at least a dozen tours of it in the last two days! I am ready to simplify!!

The house doesn’t need too much in the way of furnishings, but I do need to get some pots and pans, dishes, make some simple curtains, get a futon, etc. so that it will be ready to rent out on a nightly basis. Who will be the first? (after me, that is?!).

For almost a decade I’ve poured over floor plans and Jay Shafer’s books to learn everything I could about these little homes. This tiny house is actually a lot more spacious than even I imagined, however. As you come up on the porch and through the front door, you enter the ‘great room’ which has lots of windows and is paneled in light pine, creating a very airy feeling. The main heat source of the house is a boat stove on the wall. A closet and a couple of bookshelves form the dividing wall between this main living space and the kitchen and the bathroom (complete with toilet and shower). The kitchen has a sink, under-counter refrigerator and a 2-burner stove. What more could you want? Here are some photos for you to take an online tour, but believe me, seeing it in person is worth the trip: http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/fencl/

1 comment:

  1. I put that website you mentioned in an earlier post on my favorites list. I love looking at tiny houses. I took a tour of the Fencl house on-line. It's super cute and indeed a very creative use of space!!! Thanks for sharing this!!! Thanks for letting me comment on your blog. You write a LOT...and hopefully other people will leave more comments here too!!! Hugs from Oregon!!!

    ReplyDelete