Thursday, July 1, 2010

How Could it Possibly be July Already?!

We probably all have little rituals in our day, and I have one here, too, at The Lodge. There is an old-fashioned perpetual calendar perched on the granite counter at our front desk, and the first thing I do each morning as I walk in the front door – even before I put down my things -- is to change the date. Somehow going from May to June didn’t phase me, but this morning, the act of making the break from June to July hit me like a ton of bricks! We are full swing into the summer season now; the parking lot is full every single morning! How the heck did that happen?!

I could easily have believed it was summer last week; it was so very hot and humid. Yesterday the air changed, however, and a double rainbow appeared over Jackson with vivid indigos and violets against the black clouds. The change of temperatures were a big surprise, and I nearly froze last night up in my cabin. Wearing leggings, wool socks, two sweaters and a hat to bed, you’d never guess the season! Tonight is will get down into the 40’s … Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! Don’t forget to bring your sweaters. But don’t forget … we are in the mountains, and this can always change in a heartbeat!

1 comment:

  1. It's really warm now in Oregon, too...but every once in awhile we're thrown for a loop..and it looks like it'll rain...like it did this morning... I even posted a couple of photos about it on my blog...but about 1p.m. today...the sun came out in full force. it's bright...
    Have a great 4th of July weekend. Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete