Saturday, July 17, 2010

Girls Day Out!

Today is the kind of day everyone hopes for on the weekend or for their summer vacation.  It is perfectly clear, not too hot, the humidity has broken; in short, a perfect day!  It is also the day that I am being “let out” so to speak; I get the day off (unheard of in our line of work during a busy summer season which for me is usually 20/7). Anyway, I am going to Portland, Maine with my future daughter-in-law Dana to visit my daughter Zia who is attending the Maine College of Art this summer. It is a ‘Girls Day Out’!
In talking with her last night on the phone, this art program was a good choice for Zia and she is learning a lot.  By now she’s had time to explore the lovely little city of Portland, and is going to show us the town on foot today.  Our itinerary includes a couple of very special restaurants, some bridal shops (for Dana), the museum shop (for me), a great place Zia found that sells tea and gives pedicures, and some lesser known wonders which we will discover together. The last stop will be the Whole Foods grocery which has now become a tradition on our Portland journeys. What a lovely day.  All women deserve a ‘girls day out’ and this one has fueled me up until the end of a very busy summer.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like fun!!! Have a great time.Maybe post a pic of Portland, Maine? I live in Oregon..and only know our Portland, Oregon!!! Congrats on the upcoming wedding, too!!! Hugs, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete