Thursday, July 8, 2010

Press Release from Yesterday's Paper

Cathi Belcher lands syndicated writing post

JACKSON — Cathi Belcher, co-owner of The Lodge at Jackson Village, has been hired as a nationally syndicated freelance staff writer and blogger for Mary Jane Butters, creator of MaryJane’s Farm. Butters, known as the ‘Martha Stewart of the Outdoors’ is the author of “Mary Jane’s Outpost: Unleashing Your Inner Wild;” “MaryJane’s Ideabook, Cookbook and Lifebook;” “The Stitching Room;” and “Farmgirl Wisdom.” She also publishes a bi-monthly magazine called Mary Jane’s Farm. This farm, located in Moscow, Idaho, has received national attention for its Pay Dirt
Farm School, her rustic bed and breakfast, and her “country” club, a “back-to-the-land” living- and education- center. Belcher, who is known locally as the “Lodge Lady,” is a freelance writer, and former Jackson Town Columnist for The Conway Daily Sun. She also specializes in running weekend workshops for “artsy and outdoorsy” women.

As of May 2010, she will also be writing for Mary Jane’s newsletter and magazine, as well as having her own column and blog called “The Mountain Farmgirl,” about life in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. “I love the mountains and have found that they provide both challenges as well as opportunities; they’re a great metaphor for life in general. I like to approach
life’s adventures with a compass in one hand and a conqueror’s
outlook in the other … but I’m very human. When I stumble and fall, I find that’s where a lot of the “real life” stuff happens … in the ‘getting up again’
between one’s peaks and valleys. I like to write about things like that.”
The Mountain Farmgirl can be found at www.maryjanesfarm.org or through the website www.ilovethelodge.com.

1 comment:

  1. So cool...I remember reading your very first blog for Mary Jane's Farm... That's how I found your website address for the Lodge at Jackson Village...and this blog. I'm surprised other people haven't followed you here. I'll have to see what I can do to change that? I'll make sure and post a link to this blog on my blog....More people should know about this. Your blog posts are delightful and interesting!!
    Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    p.s. Am I the only one who leaves any comments here? :) :) :) Thanks for letting me post comments!!!

    ReplyDelete