Saturday, August 28, 2010

Campus Bound

This is it, we said goodbye to my mom and headed south on a beautifully sunny day. Unbelievably, there was no traffic and we made it in 4 ½ hours, which included 2 stops. By 12:30 we had all Noah’s stuff in his room, a nice suite in which he has a single room. We walked around campus, got his parking spot in the garage, and had the afternoon to walk, unpack, read and just be lazy ( a novelty that neither Noah nor I ever have any experience doing). We also picked up his textbooks at the Barnes and Noble just around the corner from his apartment complex; a dangerous situation once again, but once in awhile it’s fun to play with fire. Happy to say I did not succumb to temptation. I was looking forward to eating at the dining hall, truly one of the great eating experiences in college history, but alas, it wouldn’t be open until tomorrow. Noah took me to a great little Mexican place called Chipotle which made me a great Mexican salad. Yum. We watched a movie and went to bed early. I crashed on his floor (and yes, he did offer the bed, but I’m much more of a floor-type person).

No comments:

Post a Comment