Thursday, August 26, 2010

Let's-Take-Billy-Out-To-Lunch-Day

Okay… car packed. Check. Breakfast out for the guests. Check. Cell phones charged; Snacks for the trip. Check! I think we’re ready to go. I’m driving this morning with our son Noah down to Baltimore, an 11 hour trip in all. We’re stopping in New York to break it up though, as neither of us like to sit for that long all at once. Not that I’ve ever done it, but I don’t think I’ve got it in me … too fidgety. We’ll stay for two nights with my mom, which has become our ritual, but before we get there though, we’ll meet Billy for lunch. (Billy, who used to work here at the Lodge for 3 years, and the one whom we ‘adopted’ and miss very much!) Noah got the idea as we were driving; Brilliant! He heard that The Olive Garden was advertising a ‘Bottomless Pasta Bowl’ and so we met him there. (Sorry, O.G … there go your quarterly profits). Anyway, we had a wonderful leisurely lunch, and a safe and pleasant trip followed by a fabulous dinner at my mom’s. Was it really only yesterday I was all stressed out about leaving? This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment