Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home Again and Back in the Groove


“Road Trip” ends here. This was a long day. After printing out my boarding pass for the airline, Noah and I took a walk about campus, ending up in a beautiful little park where we sat on the benches and soaked in some sunshine. As we left, we noticed that there was a sign near the adjacent house – a magnificent and historic structure – announcing it to be the “Official residence of the President of the University”. Oops … sorry, sir, but thanks for sharing your yard with us; we really enjoyed it! Noah dropped me off at the airport, where it was a comfort to know that a flight to and from NH to Baltimore is only 1 hour and 7 minutes!! That makes me feel not so far from my son. Unfortunately, since I didn’t have a car and decided to take the bus back to The Lodge, it took another 9 hours (between bus changes and layovers) to get back home, where I then felt more like, “Noah, will I ever see you again?” But tired or not, it was another great trip. Thanks, Noah, for letting me ‘tag along’!

No comments:

Post a Comment