Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Disturbance in the Force


I feel a good rant coming on. At first it was ‘bad luck’ when my printer died; then it became ‘really annoying’ when my cell phone followed suit. The touch screen had a complete meltdown on our trip to Baltimore and as a result, so did I. Next step on my emotional curve (when Verizon couldn’t remove an unknown password on my account to let me in to buy a new cell phone) was: “OK, now I’m mad” … only to be followed by “Murphy’s Law” when my laptop could no longer connect to the WiFi. It has taken me TWO whole months to get my new credit card from the bank after it expired in July. My husband got his right away. Meanwhile, automatic debits couldn’t go through, life got messy, and I discovered that my mortgage company doesn’t accept ‘Murphy’s Law’ as an acceptable excuse. Recently, almost every time I go to borrow my daughter’s car, it mysteriously won’t start. It cranks and cranks and cranks some more but it won’t turn over. (Yes-I-checked-the-gas, No-it’s-not-the-spark-plugs, and The-battery-is-definitely-fine). We’ve had it to the shop a few times, and it starts right up for them. Mysterious. Is it ME? I’ve started to get a complex and self-esteem is on the line here. I find myself looking over my shoulder in the evenings for shadows that might be saboteurs. Paranoia has set in. I finally asked my husband this morning if it is possible for a person’s energy field to become so out of balance that it might have a disastrous on everything electronic? True, I have been cranky lately about all this, but he looked me right in the eye and without missing a beat nodded his head up and down, saying: “I definitely sense a disturbance in the force.”

No comments:

Post a Comment